- Item Type: Varroa Mite Easy Check Test Bottle For Beekeeping
- Material: Glass, Plastic
- Size: As Shown in Pic
- 1 x Varroa Mite Easy Check Test Bottle For Beekeeping
- It is an easy-to-detect mite killer monitoring tool, suitable for beekeepers, honeycombs, bees, and beekeeping.
- The Easiest way to measure the mite population in the colony.
- Faster and more accurate than calculating mites drop.
- Samples are ready in 60 seconds.
- Rugged plastic construction.
- Fast and easy way to use, just 3 simple steps.
- The tight-fitting cap is leak-proof and comfortable to wear.
- Two formed guidelines allow samples of 200 or 300 bees.
- Designed for efficiency-the fallen mites pass through the holes in the bottom and sides of the basket.
- A transparent bowl enables accurate counting and reliable sampling.
- The number of mites = rate of mite infection.
Number of mites = % Varroa infestation
3 for 300 bees
2 for 200 bees
(adjust according to sample size)
How To Use:
- Put 200 or 300 bees into the bottle.
- Pour Rubbing Alcohol into the bottle and tighten the lid.
- Shake well for 60 seconds, Varroa Mites will drop into the bottom of a bottle.
- Depending on location and the time of year, alert thresholds range from > 1% to 5%. Check with your local association to determine thresholds in your area.