- Item Name: 1PC Plastic Queen Excluder King Board for Beekeeping
Colour: White, Yellow
Size: approx. 51 x 41cm
- 1 x Queen Excluder
- A queen excluder works by separating the brood nest from the boxes where the bees will store their excess honey, helping keep the hive organized and making honey harvesting easier.
- Using a queen excluder helps a beekeeper be more confident about where their queen is in the bee hive, making it easier to find her among the frames.
- Our queen excluder is designed to fit all 8-frame bee hives and is simply placed flat above the boxes where the queen lays eggs and below the boxes where honey is stored.
- The spaces in the grid are perfectly spaced large enough to allow the smaller worker bees through the holes, but small enough to exclude the queen and keep her from entering the honey boxes.
- Besides keeping queens from entering honey boxes, queen excluders can be used for queen rearing, cut down into custom sizes to fit top bar hives, and 5-frame nucleus hives.